Eshowe, South Africa
About the Role
The Merchandiser serves our Principals by ensuring that their products are professionally displayed at all times, as per category space management flows. They work to identify and capitalise on any in-store opportunities which will create brand and product exposure and awareness amongst our broad and diverse customer base. They are required to work closely with in-store management, Area Sales Managers, and trade marketing teams to achieve these goals. Merchandisers also fulfil the role of in-store sales representatives; they are responsible for influencing orders if the store is DC-driven, or taking orders if the store is an independent customer.
Experience & Requirements
• The role does not require any prior experience and would be ideal for a school leaver, however, knowledge of the FMCG environment will be advantageous.
• Exposure to the use of mobile technology (smart device) is essential.
• Good Mathematical and English ability.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Well-developed time management skills.
• A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or National Certificate Vocational (NCV)
• A degree, diploma or certificate in any field will be seen as an advantage.
• Ensuring products are neatly merchandised/displayed on the shelf
• Negotiating additional shelf space
• Correct selling price
• Ensuring PI Labels are visible
• Ensuring POS are always visible in store
• Building displays
• Liaising with ASMs on stock holdings
• Performing regular stock rotations
*Please do not apply through the company website.
No applications through the company website will be considered