Receptionist / Admin Assistant, Windhoek
About the Role
We are looking for a receptionist to be responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office. The successful candidate will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones, taking messages, as well as sorting and distributing mail.
In order to be successful in this role, the individual will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high level of competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist would be beneficial but is not essential.
Experience & Requirements
• Prior experience with switchboard and administrative tasks would be advantageous.
• Consistent, professional dress, and manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Grade 12 is a minimum requirement.
• A Tertiary qualification in a related field is advantageous.
Including but not limited to the following:
• Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
• Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
• Announcing clients as necessary.
• Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking, and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs.
• Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, filing & POD scanning, and making travel arrangements.
• Preparing meeting and training rooms.
• Answering Switchboard in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
• Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks.
• Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
• Sorting and distributing mail.
• Provide excellent customer service.
*Please do not apply through the company website.
No applications through the company website will be considered