Account Executive Work Experience
Westmead, Pinetown, South Africa
About the Role
Are you a recent graduate with a supply chain degree or diploma, eager to kickstart your career in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? SGX Logistics invites you to join our Accounts Executive team for an enriching work experience opportunity (12 months). This role is designed for individuals with a strong desire to learn and grow while contributing to the vital function of outsourced Supply Chain Manager to Principals of SGX Logistics.
This position does not offer a salary but provides a monthly stipend of R4,700 to help cover living expenses.
Experience & Requirements
• No prior experience is required.
• Drive, ambition and a desire to learn.
• A completed tertiary qualification in Supply Chain.
• A valid South African Drivers licence (the role requires travel).
Overall Objective of Job
As a valuable member of our Accounts Executive team, your journey will involve hands-on experience, continuous learning, relationship building, creative problem-solving, and innovative process improvement. Additionally, you will be at the forefront of leveraging technology to enhance efficiency within the Accounts Executive function. All elements of the role will be covered within the 12 months of the work experience programme, with the end goal to better equip you for the world-of-work.
Day-to-day affairs and Principal satisfaction
In order to add value to the Principal and to provide a complete supply chain service, the Account Executive Work Experience Candidate will be required to ensure service level agreement performance by the warehouses through tight inventory controls, and to report back any deviance from Standard Operating Procedures to Team Leaders and Principals where applicable. You will be required to closely manage orders by handling no stocks and failed deliveries (updating where needed), and to ensure NOD/NDD alignment.
Other requirements include:
• Tracking and coordination of all Principal specific activities, including but not limited to conducting order maintenance (following up on suspended orders and EDI errors etc.).
• Providing daily support to both the principal and depots on any current issues.
• Communication with Principals on all order-related issues and find solutions.
• Maintaining and tracking depot stock issues.
• Building and maintaining relationships and trust with Principals.
• Maintaining communication with Principals and resolve conflicts where necessary.
• Conducting ongoing logistics reviews and troubleshoot challenges.
• Managing product expansion by completing documentation and submitting for loading onto system.
• Reporting on dead stock and overstocks.
• Handling demand management.
Business reporting and basic business analysis:
• Understanding Principal reporting requirements and empower them to produce/reproduce ad hoc reports (on the system).
• Preparing regular Principal reports as per Principal SLA requirements.
• Analysing trends and identifying Principal business needs, and proposing appropriate solutions up the line to the relevant Director/Principal Account Manager.
• Managing and growing a portfolio of new and existing principals.
• Recommending further logistic services and BI tools to enhance their current business.
New Principal take-ons:
• Following up on deadlines identified on project plan/handover notes.
• Conducting training with Principals and Agents (physical and remote).
*Please do not apply through the company website.
No applications through the company website will be considered